Upon graduating college with a Bachelor of Science
in Psychology, I intend to continue my education toward a Master’s in Clinical
Psychology, then a Ph.D., and while doing so I plan to work as a mental health
assistant. As a mental health assistant I intend to impact the lives of
children, young adults, and adults who suffer from psychological disorders and
behavioral problems. Those who suffer from psychological disorders and
behavioral problems have daily functioning problems that cannot be prevented,
but they can be better prepared to handle how they react to such adverse
functioning, disorders, and problems. In the mental health assistant field I
will assist, educate, and work toward bettering the lives and further the
future lives who those who suffer from psychological disorders and behavioral
problems.
Some of society does not have enough empathy,
compassion, understanding, or education to know that suffers of disorders and
behavioral problems are not a problem for society, or cannot function in
society; in fact they can be a productive part of society. Therefore, as a
mental health assistant, it is my job to prepare those who suffer from psychological
disorders and behavioral problems for adverse social thinking. By working as a
mental health assistant I can better prepare and further educate those who
suffer from disorders and behavioral problems to achieve personal, life, and
career goals as well as better prepare those to become productive members of
society who is not completely hindered by their disorders and behavioral
problems.
In doing so, society may become more empathic, understanding,
and accepting of those who suffer from psychological disorders and behavioral
problems like I have. Working as a mental health assistant better prepares me
for completing graduate school and to become a clinical psychologist. Then as a
clinical psychologist, I can continue to impact the lives of those who suffer from
psychological disorders and behavioral problems, and to better prepare society
to be more empathic, compassionate, and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment